Ellis Amdur published during last year, from March to October, a series of articles related to the origins of weapons training in Aikido. The following are the links to the original articles, eight in total, in the Aikido Journal website.
- PART I – Takeda Sokaku: The Embodiment of Gokui (Essential Principals)
- PART II – Aikijutsu/do comes from Kenjutsu
- PART III – Ueshiba Morihei and Weapons — The Shadows of Yagyu
- PART IV – Ueshiba Morihei and Weapons — Kobukan sword: Shinto-ryu, Kage-ryu, Chujo-ryu
- PART V – Ueshiba Morihei and Weapons — The Influence of Spear Technique Upon Stave and Stick
- PART VI – Ueshiba Morihei and Weapons — A Chinese Connection After All?
- PART VII – Ante-Bellum: Bo & Jo
- Part VIII – The Solo Jo Form
Ellis Amdur is the author of “Dueling with Osensei”, “Old School” and the Instructional DVD “Ukemi from the Ground Up”. You can reach him at his website at www.edgework.info.